Life

How I Reported My Self to Indonesian Consulate General at Melbourne

November 09, 2018




Every Indonesian outside Indonesia have a duty to reporting them self at the nearest Indonesian embasy or Consulate General. Including me.

Why now?

Simple, because I just know that I should do it.

Actually, in Melbourne, the Indonesian Consulate General suggested to all Indonesian citizen who stay in Victoria at least a month, to report them self to to the Consulate General.

And I think, it would be a good thing to. Because reporting my self, means to give the consulate about where I am now, where do I live, and they could inform my family in Indonesia if something happened to me.

Even thought my boyfriend said it should be linked, because I applied my partner visa. But, who knows, and it's not hurt you if you reporting your self,right.

And, the Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne is not taking any costs for this.

Documents 


the requirement for reporting yourself at Indonesian Consulate if you are Indonesian citizen

All I have to do just came to the Consulate General and bringing all the things they want like:

  • copy of my passport
  • copy of my Australian address
  • copy of my VEVO
  • fill the form that you could find at their website
  • passport size photo

Once i gave them all the documents, they asked and kept my passport for a week. Means I came back to the same place next week after I applied my reporting form.

It wasn't took a long time for doing it. Especially, not much people came that day. Not until 15 minutes they already called my number. 

Service Hour



Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne divided two different hours for their services. Morning hour usually for submitting and collecting.

If you want to get visa, or new passport, or doing something like me, usually in this morning hour.

And they had the afternoon hour. This hour usually for collecting the documents. Like taking back my passport.

It just took a week for me. First submitting my documents for my reporting at Friday, and I came back next week in Monday, so 6 working days only.

In their website it's all clear, what to do , and when to do it. So it is somehow easy, to know what kind of documnets I need to bring. And if somehow you couldn't bring it, they already provide everything inside their office. 

The Result

Well, after 6 days, I returned to Indonesian Consulate General in Melbourne to took my Passport. To take it, I had to gave them a receipt that they gave me when I collected my documents to them. 
stamp from Indonesian Consulate for my present address in Australia
And, the result is they gave a sticker with my Australian address there and also their stamp. So, basically it's official that I move to Melbourne. LOL. 

For a note, this is how I do in Victoria State. I don't know about other state in Australia. Do they do the same thing, or not.

But, if you have Indonesian friend that has been stay in your country for more than a month, probably you could suggest them to report themself to the nearest Indonesian embassy or Consulate General. 


sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...