Recipe: Kwe Tiaw Goreng (Fried Pad / Rice Noodle)

August 28, 2018


This food is one of lots of popular food in Indonesia. Mostly sells at the street vendor, and sells together with mie goreng (fried noodle) and nasi goreng (fried rice).

Once when I worked at the field, I have one food vendor that become one of my favorite food vendor there, and he sells this fried kwe tiaw. 

The Indonesian pickle or acar is actually the cucumber, carrots, and sometimes with chilies and shallots made with the vinegar and salt. In some of food vendor that sells these kind of foods, they sometimes give you choice to use this acar or a normal sambal.

Some people maybe use the raw prawn to make this food, but if you are like me, can't get it because the deli already closed, frozen cooked one also fine. 

If you use the raw prawn, I suggest you to put it and cooked it until half cooked before you add chicken at your wok. 

A Chinese vegetables that I usually used in Indonesia is choy sum, but since in here I have lots of variants like bok choy, pak choy, baby bok choy, and choy sum, and all are have the same taste, so I don't think it will be a problem if you want to choose one to another. 

I use the red onion just because I want it, if you want to choose the normal brown one, I don't think it will be a problem. My reason is just I want to add some colors in my kwe tiaw. 

So here you go...







sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...