culinary

Indonesian Recipe: Lontong Sayur (Rice Cake with Vegetables Stew with Coconut Milk)

September 25, 2018



Back at my college year. I like went to this street food vendor that sold yellow rice for brekky. But since I never had rice for my brekky, and I don't like yellow rice, so I  ordered something else in this street food vendor. 

Well, not trying to be so western back in that day. But I couldn't eat a "normal" breakfast back in Indonesia is because since I was a kid, my mother never made us (my brother and I) a proper Indonesian brekky, or just a toast for breakky. Can't be bothered I guess. 

Anyway,
So the other menu I ordered is this Lontong sayur or Rice cake with vegetables stew with coconut milk. Unlike any other food with coconut milk, this food is so refreshing and the coconut milk is so light. 

Since I couldn't make the rice cake in Indonesian way, I made it with rice cooker. Much more easier to be honest. 

And here you go, the recipe for one of my nostalgic food. 






sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...