culinary

Indonesian Recipe: Mie Aceh (Aceh Style Fried Noodle)

September 03, 2018



Actually, this was my second winter in Melbourne. But, somehow, this winter is worse than last year.

Last year, I have fever, but I feel fine. I could do my everyday routine with the fever. No headache nor sneeze.

This second winter, no, I don't have fever, but COLD.

Every morning I woke up with blocked nose. Even one day I had my booger (sorry about that) is blood. Maybe because I wiped my nose too hard. 

Since I don't really like creamy style of soup, I better have ramen or making my own chicken soup or soto. But since I made soto a couple times, I want something different, but still  makes me warm inside. Then I came with this Mie Aceh.

At first, I thought I wouldn't make any food this Sunday. FYI, every Sunday is Indonesian food day (or Asian food). But since this Sunday is father's day in Australia, my boyfriend's daughter planned to have dinner at our home. So, I keep all the ingredients back at the pantry. 

But then, at 4 pm in Sunday, she said she will not having dinner with us (she planned to arrange the meal), so yeah, I started to put out all the ingredients again. 

And, in Indonesia, the curry powder actually the Aceh special curry powder. But since I can't have any here, so I use the usual curry powder. Luckily the taste is not too curry.

I made a little mistake, that I put the surimi together with the prawn, at the end, we loosing the surimi texture. My suggestion is, if you use the surimi, add it before you add the noodle. 

I use the thin hokkien noodle, which actually that wasn't my plan. My plan is actually the thick hokkien noodle. But I don't know somehow Coles doesn't have it. But doesn't matter, the thin noodle is also fine. 

Here is the recipe:








sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...