culinary

Recipe : Soto Betawi (Jakarta Traditional Beef Soup)

August 14, 2018



I am so happy because Indonesia is one of the countries that have so many traditional culinary. One of the must try culinary beside the Rendang is Soto Betawi.

Actually, my boyfriend never been to Jakarta yet, so he never know the real taste of this Soto Betawi. But, you shouldn't go to the Mexico for trying Taco, right?

So, this week, I made this Soto Betawi to introduce.

Since living in Melbourne means not that easy to find the spices. So I try to find the easiest and cheaper way to get the spices. 

Like buying it in bottle or jar. Beside I can use it over and over again, it somehow cheaper.

For example, in AU$3 I could get only one piece of lemongrass, but with the same price, I could get one bottled lemongrass that I could use so many times. 

Anyway,
Since its name is Soto Betawi, means it is originate from Jakarta. Betawi is the original ethnic group in Jakarta. And the meat they use in this soup is beef, not like any other soto (soup) that you could find around. Mostly they use chicken instead beef. 

And again, usually, people in Indonesia not using only meat from the beef, sometimes they also use the offal. But then again, as long as the spices is same, no matter what kind of beef part you use, right.

In this recipe, I put the tomato together with the rice in the bowl, the exact recipe actually put the tomato at the soup. But since my boyfriend love the fresh and crunchy vegetables, that is why I didn't put it at the soup. Same taste, but crunchier tho. 





sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...