Life

Stage 3 : Partner Visa Subclass 820 Granted

August 17, 2018




Since this blog is dedicated for my story about moving to Australia (and the life too), so here and there are posts about my visa stories.

I always said, this visa thing is really makes me tired mentally and physically. Started from I have to be really patient faced my friend schedule to help me finish my Indonesian police check. Until I have to be really patient faced my boyfriend time and mood.

Sometimes we had disagreement about what to write, and what to do. And when that happened, both of us really tried to not blew up.

Also read: My Struggle Applying Australian De Facto Visa

It looks really simple. Just preparing the documents, right, and filled those forms, right?.

Nope...

Not to mention, you have to be ready for medical check up, and TIME. Since we spent AU$7,100 for applying the visa, we planned to prepared the money first.

But, three months after I applied the visa, I received an email from Australian embassy, which said that I should finished attaching all of the required documents in 28 days, or they decline my visa application.

PANIC!!!

Because we didn't do anything yet since finished the online application. No police check at Indonesia and Australia, no medical check up, nothing is ready.

So I asked the embassy to give me more time, because I told them the truth, we are not doing anything yet. So they add another 28 days for me. And yes, the race against time then.

Also Read: Stage 2 Applying Australian Partner Visa

Same Struggles Forums



My boyfriend and I followed some forums that have the same struggles with us. But basically I really not a fan of it. Because sometimes I found the answer I need not as complete as I need. And sometimes when I want to ask something, I have to wait a little bit longer.

I prefer asked directly to someone, or to the agency, or someone. Because I can directly get the answer, and complete. Since my boyfriend a little bit dislike when I didn't want to joint any forums, so I joint a few.

Of course, I found some people have the same problem like me, and lots of answer for sure. But, since it scattered around. I have to read the answer one by one and trying to combined all the answer. Need time of course. And concentration.

But, I tell you, following some forums with the same struggles like you is not a bad decision. You could find so many answer for your struggles, and also you can help them too, if you want.

I found it somehow useful. Like when I had to came back to Indonesia and back again to Australia for the third time in a row with the same visitor visa. Some people in the forums already told me to be careful, because the immigration staff will stop you. Just in case I get stop, we already planned so many things. But at the end, they still stopped me anyway.

Also Read: Things You Have to Aware If You Have Multiple Entry Visitor Visa Australia

Actually, it is fine to follow lots of forums. It really help you to find the answers, really.

Bridging Visa

Photo by Mateusz Dach from Pexels
Finally, after finished lodge my visa application, I could breathe a little. Because since lodged it, I immediately granted a bridging visa, which means I should not going in and out to Australia anymore.

With this bridging visa, beside I don't have to go in and out Australia, I also able to get medicare, and Australian private insurance. And Of course I am able to work too with no restriction hour.

And, some people asked me when will they get the bridging visa, and what can they do with the bridging visa.

Firstly, you will get the bridging visa immediately, after you lodge your online visa form. And this bridging visa is applies after your recent visa is not in effect anymore.

Also read: Australian Partner Visa Q & A

For example, I apply my partner visa onshore (in Australia). When I applied it I used visitor visa. SO after lodge my partner visa, and being informed that they gave me bridging visa, this bridging visa was not in effect that time, but waited for my visitor visa is not in effect anymore, which is at April.

And while waiting my visitor visa not in effect in April, that will made my bridging visa automatically active, I still able to stay in Australia, but still with the visitor visa rules.

Partner Visa 820

Seven months after lodge my partner visa, and holding a bridging visa, in the early August, I received another email from the Australian embassy.

The point is, they granted my Partner Visa subclass 820.
.
.
.
.

Alright...
What is that mean?

Then, I checked my VEVO. And the result is, my visa is changed from bridging to Provisional Resident.

I  don't understand this Provisional Resident thing. Is it means that I am a permanent already? Unfortunately, my boyfriend also didn't know what it was mean.

Like I said, we went to the forums, and find lots of scattered information, like small puzzles. At the end, we just asked our favorite...

GOOGLE.

The point is, it is still temporary resident. They still assess my application, of course. For two years.

Yes, they will look, for the next two years what is the development of me staying here, economically, and also my relations with my boyfriend.

That is why now I already have half of the things that every Australian have in here. But still, some advantages like welfare things, I still don't get. Actually, it is not particularly different from the bridging visa, only just now I could go in and out Australia as much as I can.

But I think I will not travelling outside Australia first, I had to save some money for my life here and of course for visiting my family back in Indonesia. Since they are not stay at the same place, it will take a lots of spending for transport only.


The point is, there still another stage for my visa application. All I have to do just maintain my life and relations of course.


sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...