culinary

Indonesian Recipe: Ayam Goreng Lengkuas (Fried Chicken with Galangal)

September 17, 2018



This week Indonesian food actually I want to make something "simple". Yes, simple as in Indonesian way of cooking meal. Apparently, it is not as simple as it seems. LOL.

Why I want to make a simple Indonesian meal, because I want to show my boyfriend that in Indonesia, this kind of food is something normal in Indonesian waroong (street food vendor). 

I did this because when we are going to Indonesia, we don't have to eat at the expensive restaurant, or not making my mother feeling uneasy because she have to cook something different from the way she use to cook.

Who knows, when we are going to Indonesia, My boyfriend can enjoy eating at the famous Malioboro street food.

Luckily my boyfriend is not a picky eater, he will eat everything that served in front of him. It makes me happy, because he always say my cooking is delicious. Or perhaps maybe he don't want me to feel sad.

This week, I made fried chicken with galangal. I also fried the galangal, and spread with the fried chicken. And I served it with nasi uduk (rice that cook with coconut milk), omelet, fried tempeh and tofu, fresh vegetables and sambel bawang (garlic sambal).







sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...