culinary

Indonesian Recipe: Semur Ayam (Chicken Stew with Sweet Soy Sauce)

September 10, 2018





If there are some people who don't know, we have Indonesian food day every week. Which is every Sunday. So, each Sunday (if we don't have any event to attend) I made Indonesian food for my boyfriend and I. 

Each time I made Indonesian food, I make sure that every meal is fit my boyfriend's taste. What I mean is some Indonesian food is really spicy or spicy enough to make your stomach "in war".

Even nowadays my boyfriend's level of endurance for spicy food is getting better, but this week I didn't make something spicy. I made this chicken stew.

Back in my childhood time, this stew is one of my mother's favorite meal to cook. Well, mine to eat too. It rich of flavors and of course, it have my favorite meat all the time, chicken. 

And apparently, it is so easy to make, and the ingredients is not as much as I think. 

Don't you know the word "semur" is actually adapted from Dutch language "Smoor" which mean stew? I just know it, LOL.

Doesn't surprise me that some of Indonesian languages are adapted from Dutch language, because Dutch was part of Indonesian history for 350 years. Yes, you read it 350 years. A long time for a country to stay right. 

So, here it is the recipe:




sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...