culinary

Indonesian Recipe: Cumi Saus Padang (Sauced Squid from Padang)

November 30, 2018




After a long confusing about what to cook for Indonesian food night, I finally found this menu. It didn't mean that I don't get ideas for what to cook, but sometimes it's hard to find the ingredients around. Or even how to cook it.

For example for some Asian ingredients, we have to go to the asian market which sometimes it closed when we arrived, or they don't have it, which we have to go to my favourite Asian store at next suburb. 

And it need me to wait my boyfriend to have time. Because I don't have my own car. And wait for his time means wait for him to be free from all of his busy time, which is night time. 

And nowadays, I've got a job as an assistant cook, and I always have weekend schedule. And this time around, is the busiest time. Christmas, and things. And I spent the entire Saturday and Sunday for working. So, yeah, no time at weekend. 

That is why, when we do our weekly shopping, we do it at night. And some of the stores already close. Especially Asian store, seafood store, and butcher.

Like this time menu, I used frozen squid because seafood store already close when we arrive at shopping centre. That is why I bought and use the frozen squid that still available at Coles.

Not a bad thing actually, because I don't have to cut and clean the squid, because it already is. LOL.

There are some differences when you use fresh squid. And all already noted at the recipe below.

Best serve this while it's still hot with warm rice. And if you like, you could add Asian stir fry vegetables, or just this also delicious.

My boyfriend likes it so much. He put this menu one point lower than his favourite Indonesian food of all time, gado-gado.





sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...