Life

Finally, Chances to Get Back To Work

December 17, 2018

Photo by Naveen Annam from Pexels


I keep telling my boyfriend, as long as I still have the willing, I will back to Uni, and take my Master degree. 

I really want to reach my Master, simply just because I want a better education for my self, that can lead me to more better in everything. Well, actually, before I want to be a lecturer. University world is seems enjoyable for me.

10 years have careers in Indonesia doesn't mean I have a chance to took it. Start from the common culture about a woman couldn't take a higher degree of education that lead (mostly) the elder doesn't really like when a younger women try to go to higher educations. My mother, for example, she really afraid I finished my master, so when I took my master, she tried any ways to makes me unable to finished it.

The reason? They believe, the higher a woman get an education, the more men will afraid to marry her. Especially when you are in your 20, the elder parents will try to makes you believe that age is the crucial age for marriage. 

Oh well, I didn't finish it, for sure, and I also didn't married when I am not finished my master too. And here I am in my 30 try to fix all the mistakes.

In one point I just feel that I couldn't be me when I just followed what my parents (especially my mother) wants for me. I was in stagnant career. Couldn't go higher than the position I had, and couldn't get any chance to return to the Uni. In fact, I also probably loosing my job. Because the changes of ownership of the company.

So, I decided to move to Australia, and try to re-build my life. Of course I couldn't just immediately back to Uni like what I want. In our finance now, we couldn't afford me to take my Master. 

Of course education fee is expensive. And if I took a scholarship, I couldn't get 100% scholarship. Event if they gave me 50% scholarship, we still couldn't afford the rest. Australian Awards Scholarship looks promising, but when I finish my study, I have to return to Indonesia, and couldn't go back to Australia for (they said) 2 years.

This become a problem for my boyfriend, he don't want another two years long distance relations. I could understand that, so I have to get another alternative. Like asking for government fund, but I have to be a Permanent Resident first to get that. Well, It's just the matter of time, and immigration office to grant my Permanent Resident.

Also Read: Stage 3: Partner Visa Sub Class 820, Granted

Since my visa status already change to be Partner Visa and grant for work (and study with my own finance), I could wait my status and all those grand plan by working.

Bored Since I Couldn't Do Much

Photo by Min An from Pexels
Working is another plan for me to wait the grand plan. But my boyfriend and I face the difficulty for me to get the job. 10 years working experiences didn't mean anything to lots of companies in here. Simply just because I don't have an Australia experiences. Like Certificate from Australian educator, or has been work in Australia before.

So I try to makes my self busy by writing. Or doing anything I could to kill the time. That is why this several years this blog is here. Since I want to write about a new life in Australia, and share it to you, the reader. This blog was really up to date, in one time, I could updated two posts in a week.

I know recently the content is not about my story in here, but more into reviews of cosmetics, or even recipes that I made here. A little bit of from the first purposes, I know.

And because of that, I know this blog is a little bit boring, because of only like that, and not a lot stories I share. I'm sorry. Beside I have no ideas what to write, I was in the point where my life is monotone. In one circle, my life is only : wake up, watch television, sleep. And that happen all days all weeks.

If I want to go out somewhere, I have to depend on my boyfriend (which depending is the most hateful things I do, especially the things that I could do it by my self). Since my boyfriend working until Saturday (even only half day in Saturday), all he wants in weekend is just resting at home, sleep, and relax. While, that's the things I do, everyday.

Try to Get Job

Photo by energepic.com from Pexels
Actually, in every Indonesian - Australia groups I follows. they always give advises to the newly migrate person like me to not too picky for looking for jobs. Because all of the experiences we had in Indonesia, and (sadly) the college certificates we have in Indonesia, means nothing in here. It's really hurt me, because to finished my 4 years Uni study I have to be really fought hard.

I do realise, and yes, what could I do. So I prepared my self by lowering my ego about "I am a Bachelor degree" or "I had been worked for 10 years".

Does my boyfriend help me to get  job? Yes, he does, but since no chance, what can we do? He also doesn't have lots of connection that can help us.

Not only my boyfriend, even his ex-wife tried to help me too. She helped me because she knows that it was so hard for me doing nothing, day by day, stuck and couldn't do anything. So she tried to put my resume at her company.

She hopped that one of her friend at HR could help me to get, at least part time job.

At the end, the result is nothing, she even couldn't help me, since her friend also don't want to help us. Oh well.

Desperate? Of course. I came from someone who worked 2 weeks in a row (including Saturday and Sunday) and sometimes 3-4 weeks, and then become someone who didn't do anything, at all. 

My First Job, Casual Assistant Cook

Photo by Lisa Fotios from Pexels

Desperation made me really sensitive. For some people maybe they love to be stay at home, but not me. I just couldn't stay at home all day all year. I just couldn't. It drives me crazy, moody, sensitive, and more negativity thought and mood. Questioning everything, my decision moved to Australia, my relations with my boyfriend, had a bad thought about everyone and everything. Even worse, I feel like I was in jail.

Then, my boyfriend's daughter tried to help me by asked her boss to accept me working at his place. She was working in a small caterer company in here. And she had work for a couple month with him, and she keep saying that her boss is a good man. So she said she will tried to asked him for me.

Long story short, he allowed me to worked at his place (until now). Happy? For sure. I finally have something to do, outside the house. Slowly I get away from my depression, and of course makes a new step for my career in Australia for sure.

I never worked at hospitality, nor as a chef. That is why everything is new for me. I cook, yes, but for myself and my boyfriend of course. Luckily, the boss gave me chance to learn all, bit by bit. I still remember my boyfriend's daughter said that I should be more active, do any work, and learn faster.

I'm happy that my first impression is good, and also just need two works to get my salary up, LOL.

Casual Worker 

Photo by rawpixel.com from Pexels

This kind of work is 100% different from what I had in Indonesia. The world, the life, and also the status.

Back in Indonesia, I always worked at the office, behind the desk, faced the computer, and really comfortable.

Now, I have to start from the beginning, using my brain and power, and of course being a customer service excellent. Because the business is running from the direct satisfactions from the customer.

Then, my status is casual worker. In this business, means I work only if my boss call me to work. Or in my job, he just send me the paper that mentioning the function time and date, with whom I have to work, and also what time I should be there. If he not send me any, so no work for me.

At the first two months, I had work at least once every week. It's a good things, knowing it's not everyday job. At least, when I go out, I have something to do.

In one time, I once didn't get any job for three months. I once tried to find the more settled work. Like Monday to Friday, every week, so I will have the settled salary too. And since I still tried to get another job, I missed the chance to work, simply because my boyfriend's daughter thought I am not satisfied work at this place. But the real reason is just I want more day works.

It is as simple as " I want a weekdays job", because everytime I had job to do, it always at weekend, means weekdays I do nothing. And mostly I do nothing all weeks, since it wasn't every weekend job.

Of course the desperation came again. Even I already have put my experiences in this company at my resume, still it's not enough. None of those companies asked me to go to next level. All just rejection or worse, no reply at all.

Christmas time is a busy time for this company. Nowadays I had at least two jobs in a week. And of course always at weekends. My boss said it simply just because I don't have a car, and no one take me to the workplace at weekdays. So he always put my schedule at weekends.

He also said, he gave me more jobs to do, so I could save some money to buy a car. He said, in one point, he want me to run the catering by my self. And he will need me more to do it.

It is a good things tho. At least he give me chance to built a foundation for my career. Btw, why I want and some people said I must have a car, because it is a must thing to have here. Lot's of companies asked about it. And their reason is either their place is far from the public transport, or for safety reason.

But then my boss said he know how uncomfortable to depend on someone for something small, that is why, he tries to help me get out from that. 

Second Job, Indonesian Language Tutor

Photo by Startup Stock Photos from Pexels
Do I stop looking for another job? No, I still tried to find more settle job. Even this couple week I didn't do it, due to lots of jobs I have, and it is every weeks.

It also impacting to my blog updating, LOL. Since Christmas is the busiest time, I do lots of works now. Like I said, working like this need everything I have. My power, my brain, and my customer service skill, not to mention my english language ability.

I also get the worse hay fever I ever had this year. So, once I am at home, I tried to make house as clean as posibble. And the time when I am at home, I just tried to clean and clean and clean the house.

Also Read: Hay Fever Attack

But, it doesn't mean I stopped looking for job.

Then I found this Language company, and they looking for a new tutor. So I sent them an email, and said that I am interest to be their tutor, but I have no experience to be a tutor.

And their answer was really fast.

Long story short, we met for interview, and they accept me. So, here I am, updating my second career at Australia at Indonesian Language tutor.

Same as my first job, this also on call job. So, yeah, if somebody wants to learn Indonesian language, then the company will contact me. So far, I still don't get any call yet, but yeah, let's see what happen in the next couple  months. 

Still Grateful

Photo by Carl Attard from Pexels
I know these jobs aren't the one I'm aiming for, but I am so grateful. If I looking back for these couple month. it took me not until a year to get a job. As a beginning, it is a good start. Because, there are so many people in my position and condition, and yet doesn't have the same chance like me.

Sometimes I feel it is too heavy for me,or, this is not the job I want. But then again, I have to sit back, and try to reminds my self that there is always hard to fix something that broken for years.

The broken life that not made by me, the broken dream that not caused by me, and yes, I really understand that it is really hurt and not easy.

I once gave up to reach my dream, I once gave up to fight for me. But here I am, fixing the scattered pieces of me. I am grateful for me still have the courage, willing, and power for fixing it. To make it better, to make is like what I always want it to be.

Because there are lots of people there, who doesn't have a chance, or doesn't take a chance to rebuild their life and dream.

And to remind it will be beautiful at the end, that the things that keep encourage me, and keep doing it happily and willingly.

Because, that is life, sometimes we should start from the bottom to reach the top.


sharing is caring

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...