Life

Hay Fever Attack

November 29, 2018

Source

Here we are at the spring in Melbourne. And one thing that I could stand of spring is it also the hay fever season. 

One day I couldn't breathe in the middle of the night, because my nose is blocked, both. I was panicking, because this was the first time I couldn't breath. 

My boyfriend then took me to the 24 hours clinic, and ended up get the nebulizer, and I had to purchase nasal spray and ventolin. Plus a hay fever tablet.

Like some people in 4 seasons countries, hay fever is common for them who had allergy for the season. Mostly at spring and summer. The medicine world called it Allergic Rhinitis

Symptom 

Source

This year was the worst year for me about this hay fever allergic. Last year I didn't feel really bad. Just a few sneeze, not even until blocked nose. But now, I have all the symptoms.

Sometimes I still confuse to differ it with a normal flu. Because almost same symptoms.
  • Sneezing
  • Blocked nose
  • Itchy at ear, nose, and throat
  • Red,watery, and itchy eye
  • Headache
    And sometimes I feel really tired, and heavy, while in fact I am not doing anything. Even when I felt so tired and heavy, I could feel that actually I am fine. That kind of feeling. 

    Trying to Understand Hay Fever

    Source
    Since I came from the country with "always summer" country, of course this allergic is so not familiar in me. My boyfriend keep saying "it's a normal thing for some people in spring." And sometimes he said it is a spring allergic.

    Even actually it is not because the spring it self, but mostly about the pollen particle that getting a lot especially in spring. This pollen is small like dust, and when it came into my nose, my body react for this, and apparently my body is not immune for this particle, and here I am, the hay fever patient. 

    How I Overcome with Hay Fever


    Like other allergies, no medicine can cure it. The only thing is to avoid it It is easy to consume the medicine for hay fever. In Australia you could find lots of medicine for this and non-drowsy too. So I could do my thing without worry being sleepy. Mostly they work 24 hours. So one tablet is enough for a day. 

    I also minimising the chance to directly in touch at the source. Since it is pollen, so (unfortunately) I couldn't go to the garden as much as I want. Especially when there are some flowers that need winds to do their reproductions. 

    Time to clean the house too! Change the sheets, change the table cloths, chance the pillow covers, everything! And I also not able to open the door, while in fact, spring air is really good (sad face). 

    Air con at the car also always re-circulated, to keep prevent the pollen get inside the car trough the air. 

    Thunderstorm Asthma

    If you are living in Australia, you must know this story. Where lots of people died because couldn't breathe in the same time, and didn't get the quick respond that they need. Mostly them who get asthma.

    It happened at 2016. That is why nowadays, Australian government try their best to make this thing never happen again. 

    Them who have asthma, the symptom, and them who have the hay fever are the group that suspect of this. 

    If you have asthma, and or other symptoms like I wrote above, and planning to visit Australia at spring. Maybe it's a good thing if you could bring your medicine. And if you come from non 4 season country, and this thing is new for you. Don't worry, you could find lots of hayfever medicine at nearest chemist. 

    Is it alright if I get nebulizer? I don't think it would be a problem. I get myself nebulae before. It worked for a couple days, and I have to continue using ventolin and nasal spray if my couldn't breath symptom happen. 

    Is it Save for Tourist with Asthma?

    Once again, this allergic is common in 4 season Countries, but if you are came from the country with less than 4 season, don't worry. This would not affect you so much if you just visiting the country.

    Buckled up, keep everything clean, and try to avoid dusty place. And of course you could buy the medicine too. 



    sharing is caring

    You Might Also Like

    0 comments

    Hi, please write your comment here, but I will delete all the spams...